It's supposed to warm up around this neck of the woods in the next couple days, but I'm still dreaming of those humid mornings and my favorite banana bread. So, if you need something to warm up your thoughts a bit... ;)
Oatmeal Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas (3 smaller bananas or 2 larger ones)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a bit of almond milk or water (if dough seems thick)
- 1 1/2 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan, set aside.
- Put oatmeal in a blender (I use my magic bullet) and pulse until crumb-like.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips!) into the blender and blend until combined. It will not be completely smooth, the oatmeal will give it a grainy texture and it will be very thick!
- If it seems too thick, add a bit of almond milk or water. You want the batter to hold together.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Garnish with banana slices, shown above.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the toothpick slides out clean.
Stay warm, friends!